I don’t have to tell you how fragile this precious gift of freedom is. Every time we hear, watch, or read the news, we are reminded that liberty is a rare commodity in this world. – President Ronald Reagan
Freedom isn’t free…
With Memorial Day around the corner, it is always a great time of year to show gratitude to those who have committed their careers to a life of service. There is no greater sacrifice than that of those who risk their lives to provide the very freedoms we often take for granted.
Below are 5 very distinct groups of people who live a life of service that I am incredibly grateful for:
- Men and Women Serving in the Armed Services
- Men and Women Serving as Police, Fire, and Paramedics
- Men and Women Serving in the Medical Field (especially Nurses)
- Men and Women Serving in Charity, especially the new wave of Entrepreneurs building Public Benefit Corporations (like Toms, Ten Trees, Patagonia, Quest Nutrition…)
- Moms! (The biggest life of sacrifice, and the reason the world keeps turning)
To all those who put themselves in harm’s way and choose to live a life of service – Thank You!