2014 was an amazing year for me. My wife and I welcomed our daughter into the world, business continued to grow, and I accomplished some amazing fitness goals. Like most people, I want every year to be the best year ever, and 2015 is no different. As a life-long learning, I am constantly digging deeper into what makes people and businesses successful, and the recurring theme to date has been having big goals and formulating a plan to reach those goals.
“He who fails to plan is planning to fail.” – Winston Churchill
Below are 5 steps you can use to plan in 2015 and make it your best year ever:
- Set Big Goals – dream so big your friends almost laugh at you. Your goals need to push you to be better than you are today (for additional tips on goal setting, check out this podcast from Lewis Howes with expert Michael Hyatt)
- Break Down your Goals – performing daily activities that accumulate day after day, like compound interest, will get you to your goals faster (this is derived from The Slight Edge by Jeff Olsen, a must read)
- Develop Positive Habits – eat healthy, exercise, commit to personal development, give more than you receive, and focus on building meaningful relationships
- Surround Yourself with Positive People – Jim Rohn, Author, Entrepreneur and Motivation Speaker said; “You are the average of the five people you spend the most time with.” Surround yourself with people who will challenge and support you to become better.
- Share Your Goals and Your Progress – include your partner and your 5 closest supporters in your goals and your progress. They are on the journey with you.
I wish you all the best in 2015 and look forward to growing with you. Please share your thoughts in the comments below on what I can do in 2015 to better serve you.